The “Alpha North Project” consists of two open cut operations and four underground longwall mining operations, coal handling preparation plants and a rail spur transportation network to Galilee Coal Project rail network. The project intends to mine 56 Mtpa of run-of-mine (ROM) coal, which will be later processed to produce 40 Mtpa of product coal. The project will initially commence operations with a 10 Mtpa open cut mine, eventually ramping up to 56 Mtpa several years later. Key elements of the Alpha North Project are:
- Exploration Permits for Coal 1039, 1053 and 1079;
- Mineral Development License 481 and 485;
- Mining Lease application 70489;
- JORC Coal Resources of 3.48 Bt;
- Superior thermal coal quality, energy coal ranked at 5900 k/cal (adb), 5500 k/cal (NAR),
- Mine development and vertically integrated infrastructure plans for 40 Mtpa product output;
- Rail State and Federal approval completed through “Galilee Coal Project”; and
- Abbot Point Stand Alone Jetty proposal at the port of Abbot Point, proposed by Waratah Coal Pty Ltd is being reviewed by the Department of Infrastructure and Planning, February 2016.
For further information see “Galilee Coal Project” teaser document.